French Presidency of the G20 - G8
The G20 has provided collective and efficient responses to the worst financial crisis since the 1930s.
In 2011, the G20 will seek to conclude the existing actions designed to tackle the root causes of the crisis, and will broaden its agenda to include new actions aimed at sustainably improving global stability and prosperity.
Only the G20 has the power, authority and decision-making capacity to provide the crucial impetus to further today’s major economic projects. It will do so via the following actions:
1. Coordinating economic policies and reducing global macroeconomic
2. Strengthening financial regulation
3. Reforming the International Monetary System (IMS)
4. Combating commodity price volatility
5. Improving global governance
6. Working on behalf of development
For further details, please refer to the French Presidency of the G20