Let’s Celebrate Francophonie in March! [fr]
"The Francophonie embodies the French language and at the same time the cultural diversity from Paris to Québec City, from Ouagadougou to Brussels, through Beirut and Geneva. Celebrating the Francophonie in Singapore, where multicultural diversity is the cornerstone of its identity, is all about discussing the strength and richness of the language and culture diversity". Laurence Lochu, Counsellor for Culture, Science and Education
Each March, more than 33 million people around the world celebrate Le Mois de la Francophonie, a global initiative led by the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie to highlight the diversity of French-speaking cultures. Francophonie will be celebrated in Singapore from 7th March to 31st March around many cultural events. You will find below the details of the Francophonie programme.
- Tuesday 7th March: Opening Concert of the Month of Francophonie: La Femme
- Tuesday 7th – Saturday 1st April: 33 years with « Les Triplés » Exhibition, by Nicole LAMBERT
- Saturday 11th March: 1st « Study in France » Education Fair
- Saturday 11th – Tuesday 28th March: Francopohone Films Festival
- Friday 17th – Sunday 30th April: « Burning Landscapes » Exhibition by Hanibal SROUJI and Tania NASR
- Friday 18th March: Francophonie Day @ Alliance Française
- Monday 20th – Friday 31st March: Press and Francophonie Days
- Thursday 23rd – Friday 24th March: Axelle Red Acoustic Asian Tour Live Concert
- Thursday 30th March – Saturday 1st April: Le Souper, a play by Jean-Claude BRISVILLE
Venue: Scape The Ground Theatre.
Presented by Figure8 Agency
This exhibition celebrates the 33 years of existence of the existence of the comics « Les Triplés » by looking back on the best comic strips for each year since its creation.
- 11th March: Opening of the exhibition 33 years with « les Triplés » and meeting with the author Nicole LAMBERT
- 11th – 17th March: Activities at Alliance Française and Lycée Français (high school) classes
- 18th March: Storytelling at Alliance Française Médiathèque and guided tour of the exhibition at La Galerie
- 19th March: Book signing and screening of four cartoon episodes of « les Triplés » at Alliance Française Theatre.
Venue: Suntec Convention Centre.
Organised by the French Embassy in Singapore, Institut Français Singapour and Campus France Singapour, this first edition in Singapore of « Study in France » aims at promoting high education in France through attracting offers.
Venue: Alliance Française
- Saturday 11th March, 7.30pm: Little Gems, by Xavier DE LAUZANNE, documentary
- Monday 13th March, 8pm: Ladies’ turn, by Hélène HARDER, documentary
- Tuesday 14th March, 8pm: Moka, drama
- Wednesday 15th March, 8pm: My internship in Canada, by Philippe FALARDEAU, comedy
- Thursday 16th March, 8pm: After Love, by Joachim LAFOSSE, romance
- Friday 17th March, 8pm: Polina, by Valérie MÜLLER and Angelin PRELJOCAJ, drama
- Sunday 19th March, 4pm: CINE-KIDS, En sortant de l’école, by miscellaneous directors, documentary
- Tuesday 21st March, 8pm: Diamond Island, by Daby CHOU, drama
- Tuesday 28th March, 8pm: It’s Only the End of the World, by Xavier DOLAN, drama
Venue: Intersections Gallery.
Meet & Greet with Hanibal SROUJI
- 20-21 March: @ Lycée Français
- 23rd March: @ Lasalle College of The Arts
The Francophonie world will gather on 18th March in Singapore around many activites (litterature game, gastronomy, screenings, meetings).
This special day will also be an opportunity to reward young francophones and francophiles talents during the Prize Giving Ceremony:
- The Than Sri Runme Shaw Challenge Cup, a traditional rendezvous for Alliance’s Française best Singaporean students
- The 26th French Alumni French Language Award, for students who excel in French Language.
- The LabCitoyen, an inivitation to debate in France on the theme « Human Rights in the City»
- O’ Live Concert : this special day will end up with a concert of the French artist O, a revelation of FAIR 2016
Venue: Lycée Français de Singapour et Alliance Française (French School in Singapore).
- 20th – 24th March: Meet & Greet session with the the journalist Christine OCKRENT, the director Davy CHOU and the actor Sobon NUON
- 20th – 31st March: Writing workshops and young audience with the writers Marie-Florence EHRET, Marie AUBINAIS and Yzannick LAHENS
- 22nd March: Christine OCKRENT’s lecture at Alliance Française on the topic of the evolution of the journalist’s profession.
Venue: Alliance Française Theatre.
Presented by Sing Pouring et The Theatre Factory.
Informations : http://alliancefrancaise.org.sg/francophonie-festival/#tab-70565-concerts
Venue: Allliance française Theatre.
Présented by The Theatre Factory.