Masters Scholarship Programme by the Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris 2010
The Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris offers master courses scholarships and personalized support to students having studied abroad, selected through a written application process, to join the Paris Graduate School of Mathematical Sciences. The PGSM master is a two-year programme which recruits students who have completed a bachelor or equivalent in mathematical sciences.
The courses, taught in English or with supporting documentation in English, are those of universities Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris-Diderot or Paris-Dauphine.
The Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris is offering ten two-year scholarships for a master in mathematics or in fundamental computer science.
Dates of PGSM call for applications
Applications for the PGSM programme can be made from January 31 to March 4 at midnight (Paris time).
The scholarships are available to students who have or will have completed a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or computer science in a foreign higher education institution by September 2010 in mathematics or computer science. Selection will be on the basis of written applications, taking into account the scientific quality of previous studies and the academic references provided.
Candidates apply via the PGSM website . They are invited to complete the on-line form to which they will attach the following documents and informations :
1. a curriculum vitae
2. a degree certificate or a list of examination marks
3. a covering letter explaining their scientific project and their reasons for applying
4. the electronic address of a lecturer at the academic home institution, wishing to recommand them *
5. (optional) the electronic address of a mathematician of the Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris, wishing to recommand them*
* An electronique message will be sent to them with the procedure to join a recommandation letter
The completed application must be submitted on the internet site of PGSM via the on-line form, before midnight on March 4, 2010 (Paris time).
The selection will be carried out by the PGSM Steering Board, which includes the heads of the masters and the postgraduate school and the directors of the Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris.
Communication of results
A reply can be expected from March 31, 2010.